Attention race fans! Once again it is time for the Pack 270 Annual Pinewood Derby. This year’s Pinewood Derby promises to be as action packed as ever.
- Rules for building the cars are attached for your reference.
- Each rank will have top 3 fastest cars recognized as well as the most creative for each rank. There will also be awards for the fastest overall average, fastest single run, and fastest den. Every scout will receive a participation trophy and a patch.
- Each car will have to go through inspection prior to the race to make sure it is 5 ounces are under and meets the specifications in the attached rules document.
- There will be some tools and supplies to modify cars at check in if needed.
- At the time of check in the scout’s car will be numbered and collected for the race.
- There will be two check in dates to spread out the check in process. Listed below are the two Check in events.
- Check-In Event #1
Saturday February 19th 9AM – 10:30AM @ Newtown Congregation Church
- Check-In Event #2 Race Day
Saturday February 26th 8AM – 10AM @ Newtown Congregational Church
Race Day – Saturday February 26th
- The event will be live streamed from the church via a link that will be provided prior to the race
- The opening ceremonies are scheduled to start at 10:30 AM
- Racing is scheduled to start at 11:00 AM and wrap up some time after 1 PM
- Each Scout’s car will be run 4 times, and will be run on each lane once.
- All 4 times from your car’s races will be averaged and it is the average of all 4 races that determines the winner in each category
- This year we will also be running a second race for sponsor cars after the Scout races complete
- Cars, trophies, and patches will be provided to den leaders to return to their respective dens.
- Top three finishers from each rank will be provided to the Scatacook District Pinewood Derby Race coordinator, as these scouts will qualify for the Scatacook District Pinewood Derby Championship. **Assuming the Scatacook District Pinewood Derby is held this year.
We look forward to an exciting race day!