Pack Committee Member Training
Pack Committee Members must take the course “Pack Committee Position-Specific Training.” This course is much more extensive than Youth Protection Training and can take several hours to complete online. Alternatively, as with Youth Protection Training, there are live, in-person training options that are generally considered more efficient and beneficial, taking approximately 2 hours to complete. Contact the pack trainer for more information on possible live course offerings.
Note: If completing both this course and “Den Leader Position-Specific Training,” there is significant overlap in a number of the modules that will not need to be duplicated, thus saving significant time if completing both courses.
To take the Pack Committee Position-Specific Training course, click this link to go to my.scouting.org and follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account (You should have already completed Youth Protection Training and thus should already have an account. If not, please select Youth Protection Training here and follow the instructions to complete that first).
- Click the “Menu” button in the top left corner, and select “My Dashboard“
- Near the top of page under the blue bar labeled “My Training,” there are several menu options. Select “Training Center” just to the right of “YPT.” (Note: If you have previously selected and started the course, then it should already appear under the “My Training” menu without needing to select “Training Center“).
- Select the first bar labeled “Cub Scouting.“
- Select the course option labeled “Pack Committee Position-Specific Training.”