Arrive at 6:15 for check-in – Egg Drop begins at 6:30
Limited Parking: Please park at Big Y or Trinity Church and walk over to the firehouse.
Join us for our next pack meeting on May 5, where we will be having a PIZZA PARTY and conducting an EGG DROP contest from the top of a ladder fire truck!
Design and build a container that will protect an egg from breaking when dropped from the extended ladder of a fire truck!
- Participants must be cub scouts, siblings, or parents. The container must be clearly marked with the Scout’s name.
- A raw egg is provided by each scout and cannot be wrapped in tape, coated in glue and/or latex cement, or other materials that will prevent the judges from checking for cracked eggs.
- No parachute designs.
- Dropping a live chicken is not permitted! You must create your own container.
- All material for the container and inside padding must be supplied by the cub scout. Suggestions include, but are not limited to, Jell-O, cooked pasta, popcorn, crushed newspaper, plastic, styrofoam peanuts – use your imagination!
- The container can be no bigger than 12″ x 12″ x 12″
- All containers will be inspected before the drop to make sure they are secure and ready for the drop.
- The drop will be conducted by the firefighters at Hook and Ladder.
We will be having a pizza party for scouts AND their parents during the egg drop, courtesy of CT Yankee Council, BSA.
See you there!